Technical view by Nooresh

Strong Technical Pick – NTPC Limited

NTPC Limited :

Low Risk High Returns.

The stock has remained a major underperformer in the last 1 year.

A breakout was seen a few days back at 200 odd levels. The current consolidation in the range of 204-210 is almost finished and we could expect the stock to retrace to 61% of the downmove.

Buying at 208-209 with a stoploss of 205 and a target price of 218/225 in 2-3 weeks is a nice low risk high return trade.

Article by Nooresh Merani

Nooresh has written 2532 articles.

You can follow Nooresh Tech on Facebook and Twitter here.

{ 16 comments… add one }
  • Akhil September 22, 2010, 23:16

Buy Ntpc 210 ca@2.8 sl1.3 is good strategy.
    Kindly reply as soon as u can.

• nooresh September 24, 2010, 01:33

Hi Akhil,

Well till there is a stoploss in place and u can digest it. Can hold

• Sachin September 23, 2010, 08:46

why u asked to exit NTPC yesterday.. bought at 209..

• nooresh September 24, 2010, 01:32

Hi Sachin,

You might have got an exit on day trading call where the discipline is to close positions in the day

• SUDEVAN September 23, 2010, 09:37

What about yr target of JSW energy 155 is now going down ????

• nooresh September 24, 2010, 01:32

Hi Sudevan,

Stopped out on that trade.

Long term outlook is fine could see downside till 116 if stays below 121

• monisha mehta September 23, 2010, 12:41

hey , nice blog , like it ,
    won’t be nice if i u can clickover to my blog page too ,
    & post some suggestion

• Amit September 23, 2010, 14:55

Sir SL in RCAP is on closing basis or Intraday Basis.

• nooresh September 24, 2010, 01:31

Hi Amit,

Stoploss on closing basis. Seems might get stopped out.

• Prasanoracle September 23, 2010, 21:59

Hi Nooresh,
    I have sent a mail to for one week AnalyseIntra free trial , so that i can check and proceed with one month pack first and then move to Qtrly subscription. I have provided my mobile number there and really wanted to gauge the SMS speed, as i will be depending on it mostly. Also i have provided my yahoo chat id too.

Apart from that i have requested something related to Bangalore seminar on TA. Can you please reply to my email when you find time without fail (or) if you want to discuss over the phone, then please let me know when i can reach you.

• vivek September 24, 2010, 00:33

Dear Nooresh,
    Today I bought 5000 shares @Rs.38 of Nutek India by looking the chart as I think it has given the breakout. What do you suggest ? Can it go to Rs. 50 technically.

• nooresh September 24, 2010, 01:30

Hi Vivek,

I am not tracking the stock closely but yes seems a small upmove is possible

• SACHIN TIWADI September 28, 2010, 01:36

You are rocking Noorbhai…

Made money frm IDBI and NTPC… in futures…. Means a lot to me.. NTPC still holding for Tgt 225

Want to join your F&O services… As I don’t find the related service, Pls contact me @ 9920828274

• nooresh September 29, 2010, 01:30

Hi Sachin,
      Thanks for the appreciation.
      Be disciplined when trading in futures. Take care of your leverage.
      We dont have a service specifically for Futures as we look for a good 5-15% short term trade so traders can also do it in normal equity position with the same stock.
      So you can join our QuickGains Premium which has short term trade.

• Kaisar Imam September 28, 2010, 15:08

Dear Noor Sb,

I am watching your posts, mails and reports and first time i traded your NTPC tip
    Now i am in good profits hope to get attached with you and earn something.
    Many thanks for free call of NTPC.

• nooresh September 29, 2010, 01:29

Hi Kaisar,
      Good you acted on the recommendation 😛 A tip is a guess and not research:)